Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Update


*******

Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
-I love Hawthorne, and I love this quote...even more so since I don't think most high school students would think of Hawthorne as "easy reading." Interesting to know that he was aiming for that in his day.

*******

Anyhoo, I haven't said much about CHEATER BEATERS since my Big News announcement, so I decided to post an update.

A rough, rough is done for the first book in my series (minus special features and alternate plot paths), and I had a conference call about it with my editor today. Love it when I have an excuse to say my editor...good feeling. And I love working with her too!

There's still a lot of work to do. I have no production timeline or cover to share, but things are moving...and I'm getting the distinct feeling that this is really happening. Yay!!!

Also, Coliloquy (my publisher...another my statement I do like saying) just released its first stand alone YA novel, FLUID, by Travis Sentell. A story with 500 different plot pathways...my writerly mind boggles at the thought, but it sounds amazing.


What about you? Read anything from Coliloquy yet? Have any of your own updates to share?

7 comments:

  1. 500 different plot pathways! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love that you can really start feeling like it's happening now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome. No news here. Just more editing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Can't wait for Cheater Beaters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! Can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read that one. A production timeline will make it feel so real!! Congrats!

    As for updates, well... no. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I missed your book announcement!!!!!

    ReplyDelete