Monday, December 12, 2011

Debut Author Challenge #11

Sorry I was MIA last week...I had two sets of company come into town...one expected, one unexpected. Both welcome, of course, but I feel like I lost a week worth of doing all the things on my extra long holiday to-do list.

Anyway, the winners for my How Many Have You Read /Heard contest are: Meredith and Karla. I'll be sending out emails to them later today.


For anyone interested, Here's the link for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge.





BLOOD RED ROAD- Moira Young

Saba sets off into the unknown to save her twin brother who was taken from their isolated family farm by cloaked horsemen.


My eleventh debut book (an audiobook from the library) also ended up one of my favorite November listens. It surprised me, quite pleasantly. I'm not much for Western-style Historical or Dystopian books, but this one hooked me in from the beginning.

The mysterious bad boy love interest went a long way toward keeping me hooked, but the writer in me was impressed with how the author pulled off a flawed protag you still liked and wanted to root for.


What about you? Read this one? Any other debut favorites? 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I need to read that to see how the flawed protag works! I'm struggling a bit with that in my current revisions.

    ReplyDelete