Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday and Peace Blogfest






This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic:
What are your all-time favorite book covers?



I've come a little late to cover love. Audiobooks used to have totally different covers than the regular book, so sometimes I wouldn't even recognize books I've listened to at a bookstore.

That being said, I do have a few favorites:



This is one of the first times I saw a cover and thought, Ooo, I want to listen to that one. I love historical, and it's rare to find those on the YA shelves, so that might have had something to do with my reaction.






Others I love, in retrospect, because they fit the story so well:


This last one in particular (an adult series) fits the female perspective Arthurian legend perfectly.

The first time I fell into total cover love was with Libba Bray's new book:


The lipsticks are pure genius. I can't wait to see if this one lives up to its cover...with Libba Bray, I'm sure it will.




Today is International Day of Peace. To celebrate, has hosted a three day blogfest.

Today we were supposed to share how we connect with others.

I do think the face of connecting has changed with technology. Today, we all probably know someone we met on the internet better than we know our neighbors.

For all these changes, connecting does matter, and being open to connections matters most. It's not without risks, but the rewards are much greater.

What about you? Any cover loves or thoughts on connection to share?

9 comments:

  1. Beauty Queens was one of my picks; it's simply the perfect cover for that book. I like The Earth, My Butt. . . . too--I'm realizing that humor tends to sell me on a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Beauty Queens cover. The lipsticks? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never seen THE CITY OF EMBER's cover before! it's so gorgeous and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally seduced by the Great and Terrible Beauty cover. I think the awesomeness of the cover raised my expectations, and I was really disappointed when the book did not hold up to the detailed intensity of the cover. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for A Great and Terrible Beauty is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great list. I have a number of these books on my shelf too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty Queens is such a fun cover! And such a fun book--I think you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for Beauty Queens! And I thought it totally lived up to the cover. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved the cover for "The White Dragon", novel written by Anne McCaffrey, and cover painted by Michael Whelan.

    It's great to meet you, fellow Campaigner!

    ReplyDelete