Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday




This Week's YA Highway Road Trip Topic is a guessing game:

You're re-reading one of your favs when someone asks the dreaded question: "What's that book about?" Give us your best off-the-cuff blurb of any book, any genre, and have your readers try to guess the title in the comments!


I had trouble picking a book to blurb as all seemed too obvious or too obscure...so I'm going with a potentially obvious one AND  an obscure one since (according to the numbers on Goodreads, at least) the obscure one deserves more attention than it's getting. 


A girl gets transported to an other-realm prison to avoid marrying someone and finds her true intended imprisoned there. 



A boy gets dumped, sees his dad out with another woman, and loses his fourth job of the year...all in one night. He does an anonymous podcast and some anonymous snooping in search of answers...the problem is, he may be asking the wrong questions.


Anyone know either of these? Anyone want to read them? If no one guesses right, I'll give the answers in comments later tonight.

12 comments:

  1. No clue on either, but both sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Alicia. I'm stumped, but intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no clue, but they both sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...maybe I went too un-obvious with the description of the more obvious one :)

    Another hint on that one: The prison was built to house this future society's unwanteds and is supposed to be inescapable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even your helpful hint has me stumped... I don't know either of these, but they sound cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without even seeing your hints I'm pretty sure the first one is Incarceron. :)

    Have no clue about the second one though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the first one Incarceron?

    The only thing that comes to mind for the second one is Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely stumped, yet totally intrigued!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one is Incarceron! No idea about the second though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm stumped on them both, too, but they both sound awesome, especially the one about the girl discovering her intended in another realm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it's Incarceron. And Peeptastic got the second one...I'm so glad someone else has read SETH BAUMGARTNER'S LOVE MANIFESTO.

    ReplyDelete