Thursday, March 31, 2011

My March "Reads" and A to Z Blogging Challenge

I had a productive listening month. Sixteen books total, including these eleven YA:

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal...The False PrincessCity of Ashes (The Mortal Inst...Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely...Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Beautiful Creatures (Caster Ch...NomanslandThe Sky InsideStrange Angels (Strange Angels...Gimme a CallThe Year of Secret Assignments...


I've already blogged about a few of these, but I just want to add that I enjoyed CLOCKWORK ANGEL even more than the Mortal Instruments series (but I do love historical). I also loved GIMME A CALL where a wish and a drown cell phone give a senior girl the chance to speak with her freshman self...an excellent twist on the time travel book.

Soulless (The Parasol Protecto... I also want to mention an adult book, SOULLESS, by Gail Carriger. Very similar to CLOCKWORK ANGEL and well worth reading.



Starting tomorrow I'm doing the A to Z blogging challenge (link on sidebar image). Over eight hundred people are involved (isn't that astounding?).

I'll be doing an A to Z How Many Have You Read/Heard Contest. Each day will feature audiobooks I've listened to that have titles starting with that day's letter. Comment on which ones you've read. Most will count as one entry, and older/more obscure books will count as two.

At the end of the month I'll draw names for several prizes including cool bookmarks, books, ARCs and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate.

Finally, "Q" day will have a separate query crit giveaway.

Come join the fun!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip off on Soulless. I'll be checking that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the A to Z Challenge! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gimme a Call sounds great!! I'll have to check it out. I'm listening to Sweethearts by Sara Zarr right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Soulless. Will have to get to the rest of the series one of these days.

    I'm doing A to Z, too. I still have to load up W. Pesky W. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also finding myself addicted to audiobooks lately. I also read, but wow I get through a lot of books fast. Will check out some of your recommendations. Look forward to the A-Z posts.

    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should be a fun challenge!

    I enjoyed Soulless too. :-)

    ReplyDelete