Monday, March 14, 2011

Debut Authors Challenge #2

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) I haven't read too many angel books, but so far this is my favorite. Clara is a part angel who has visions that reveal her purpose here on Earth. There are two love interests (of course), a dark angel, a mom who keeps secrets, and a new-found fellow angel friend. And the Wyoming setting is a character all its own. Good stuff. I found myself not wanting to stop listening.

This audiobook, being new and a debut, may not be in your library for a while, but it is available now through Audible.

If you like this, you might also like these series:



Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)Evermore (The Immortals, #1)

12 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of angel books but this one looks good. I'll add it to the growing list of books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read a lot of angel books prior to this, but I think it was fantastic! Can't wait for the sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Unearthly, but I have to say I wasn't a fan of Hush Hush or Evermore. ADORED Kelley Armstrong's series, largely due to the fact that Derek was zitty- amen to realism! :)

    Came here from the CEP

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm. I'm not usually one for paranormal(i.e. vampires/werewolves/angels/demons/unicorns/dragons), but this sounds interesting. I might have to check it out though :) sidenote: i was just shoved an ARC with mermaids in it...i'm a little scared. mermaids kind of creep me out...i don't know why. maybe it's the gills or the seashell bras or the fins...idk *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla- Did you decide about mermaids before or after seeing Harry Potter's Goblet movie. I have to admit, they creep me out after that.

    Lale- You're so right about Derek having zits, though I knew from that point *spoiler alert* that she was supposed to end up with him, the less obvious choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Unearthly! My favorite angel book so far. Glad to know the audio book is good. I am a audio newbie and looking for good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, Now that you mention it, I think my aversion to merpeople became apparent around the time that HP Goblet of Fire came out...hmm...interesting.

    also, i just looked this up on my library's website...they actually have the audiobook on file...just a long waiting list :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed this book too. It's the most approachable, interesting angel book I've read. People who like Unearthly will probably also like Angelfire.
    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison- Haven't read Angelfire yet. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is probably my fav so far too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my wish list.

    I believe Hush, Hush is the only angel book I've read. I might have read more, but I can't recall.

    ReplyDelete