Friday, November 5, 2010

How many books a Month?

I've often told people that, judging by the number of books I turn into the library, I go through 2-4 audiobooks a week. I listen in the car, the kitchen, the laundry room and yes, even the bathroom.

Well, it never dawned on me until last month to start keeping track. I hope to start posting this and my current "reads" and my TBRs in the side column, but until then I've decided to do a monthly post.


For September, I had 12 total (9 YA and 3 adult books). The YA ones were:


SovayThis World We Live InHeist SocietyAnother FaustParanormalcyDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cove...The Carrie DiariesThe ReckoningWake



For October, I had 11 total (6 YA, 1 MG and 4 adult books). My YA/MG books were:

Along for the RideThe Sky Is EverywhereThe Dangerous Days of Daniel XThe Red PyramidRevelationsSuddenly Supernatural: School...Fire



Any of these you loved (or didn't)? Any you'd like me to write a review on? 

And how many books do you usually read/listen to in a month? Have you ever kept track?

10 comments:

  1. I am thinking this is the only way I'm ever going to plow through my ever growing TBR list. As soon as nano is over, I'm going to see if my library has the ones I've written down in the past few months.

    And I love listening to music when I can find time to soak in a bath. I could listen to half a book!

    I've seen Daniel X and Revelations in B & N, but I'm not familiar with the rest. The look interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelations is part of the Blueblood series. Interesting historical premise behind her Gossip Girl style NYC vampires, but the POV is so distant...I have trouble really caring about the characters.

    I "read" Daniel X for research purposes, since my WIP is sci-fi. I enjoyed the world building and lighter tone. It definitely feels like a guy's action/adventure to me.

    My highest recommendations go to Sovay, Heist Society, Paranormalcy, Fire and The Sky is Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun lists of books! I sometimes read a book a day, especially if I get addicted to a YA book, but there are sometimes weeks where I hardly read anything at all. It depends on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a lot of the books you've listed and I agree, it's so easy to get caught up in a good story. Although, the bad ones are frustrating as all hell!

    On average, I read about a book a day. I'm a bit of an addict.

    P.S. I agree with you about the Blue Bloods series. I'm reading the latest, Misguided Angel and finding as usual, hard to get my head into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book a day? Actually reading? I'd never have the time. That's why I love about audio.

    I also find that I can listen to the ones I'm not into just as fast as the ones I love...that's a benefit since, as a writer, I often learn as much (if not more) from the books I don't like as from the ones I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Above, I meant "That's why I love audio."

    Also...I've said this before, but it bares repeating...as a writer, I'm convinced that listening to audiobooks has helped me hear when my own writing flows (and doesn't flow) as I read it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read some of those books. And listening to language I think would help us learn just like reading our own work out loud! You might make me switch over, esp. when I'm cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I just found you through the CEP hosted by Jami and I am in love! There are not a lot of bloggers who talk about audiobooks! I go to the library every week and and get a nice audiobook loot :) I am currently listening to Graceling...*squee* I am so happy you listen to YA and I can check here now for your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie,

    I'm so glad you found me! I loved Graceling, and Fire is a companion book to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, how was Paranormalcy? I like the cover, but the concept is kind of iffy. Is it worth reading?

    ReplyDelete